Saturday, November 6, 2010

Women’s Retreat 2010


Created to be HIS..


“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Eph 2:10

Every year I look forward to two events our church offers, the Marriage Retreat and the Women’s Retreat. The time finally came for the Women’s Retreat and not only was I eager to learn about God’s words but I was able to let him teach me through the women that were teaching. The three most important women in the bible who had faith,wisdom, courage, knowledge,and love for God. Esther,Ruth and Abigail. Learning more about them makes me want to be a woman like them. I want God to Create me to his being. As a person, wife, friend in whatever way that pleases him.

For the last year, I have grown and others have recognized my growth and my relationship with God even when I don’t see it. See this years women’s retreat was a blessing and hardship because I learned something and God does work in ways that I may never understand. He has taught me to be prepared for his plan that he has for me and be willing to listen and take action. See he taught me there no greater love than his, but to forgive and to heal. I had the opportunity to sit down and talk to someone that would have taken years for me to do. It was the HARDEST thing I ever had to do. Not only because we have taken the steps to forgive each other {it is a day by day thing} but God’s grace has put me where I am in my life to HEAL. Not just for me but the others. See I would not have been able to do this last year but it is AMAZING when you have God mold you for a certain time in your life. He knew what would happen and he took his time to mold me and make me strong enough through him to handle this area of my life. When I needed it he gave me the wisdom through people I trusted. A shoulder to cry on when needed it. A hug of comfort when that is all that needed to be done. He provided when I needed it. I THANK him for showing me and helping me speak in a manner of LOVE. After all, I am being CREATED TO BE HIS.








Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. this sure makes me miss pbdc and all of you!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too Libby! Next year for sure you will have to come.. or the Marriage Retreat :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um yeah, you are in trouble! However the picture of me looking dazed and confused is accurate. Super proud of how you handled things. Cheers to healing!

    ReplyDelete